*[Enwl-eng] Are you a covid survivor?

ENWLine

Nov 24, 2020, 8:43:05 AM11/24/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Share your story

Are you a Covid survivor? Your story could push big pharma to drop patents on covid vaccines and treatments so millions more can be protected.

Can you share your story in a short video?

 Share your story

Huge news! It looks like pharma giant Astra-Zeneca has found a covid vaccine!

But while Astra-Zeneca's competitor Moderna has announced it’ll allow any company to make cheaper copies of its vaccine -- Astra-Zeneca is holding on tight to its vaccine secrets.

This is not the time for Big Pharma to put profits first. And public pressure could sway Big Pharma bosses -- especially the voices of covid survivors.

Your story could make all the difference. Tell us the impact covid has had on you and why covid vaccines and treatments should be available to everyone that needs it, not just the 1%.

If you have survived covid, can you share your story? We’ve created a simple tool to help you upload a short video message.

We are collecting video testimonies from covid survivors all over the world which we’ll broadcast on social media and put in front of decision-makers. Your stories will stoke public anger at the pharma industry’s refusal to share their vaccine secrets.

During the 1990s, AIDS patients who advocated for access to the latest treatments transformed public opinion, and pharma companies caved.

With your help we can do it again -- and save millions of lives.

Will you share your story about why you support open access to a covid vaccine?

We understand that if you’ve survived covid you’ve been through a lot. If you aren’t able to speak on video, you can still pressure Big Pharma to act by signing this open letter to pharma bosses.

It’s all too easy for corporate bosses to sit in their offices removed from the impact their decisions have on ordinary people. We know that confronting them with real people’s stories -- from First Nations leaders confronting oil companies polluting their lands, to human rights activists taking on Apple -- makes them really take notice.

 Share your story

Thanks for all that you do,
Vicky and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine is 70% effective on average, early data show, Stat News, November 23rd 2020

People Over Patents SumOfUs, May 2020

Moderna Vows to Not Enforce Covid-19 Vaccine Patents During Pandemic, Wall Street Journal, October 8th 2020

SumOfUs is a community of people from around the world committed to curbing the growing power of corporations. We want to buy from, work for and invest in companies that respect the environment, treat their workers well and respect democracy. And we’re not afraid to stand up to them when they don’t.

Please help keep SumOfUs strong by chipping in $3

Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 1:02 AM
Subject: Are you a covid survivor?