*[Enwl-eng] Palestine could end in 6 days

ENWLine

Jun 25, 2020, 7:33:06 PM6/25/20
to "ENWL-uni"
Israel is set to annex much of Palestine in 6 days, violating international law and ending the possibility of freedom for the Palestinian state. Europe and others can make Israel think twice, and we cannot let this pass without outcry. Demand our leaders act now:

Israel is set to annex much of Palestine in 6 days, violating international law and ending the possibility of freedom for the Palestinian state. Europe and others can make Israel think twice, and we cannot let this pass without outcry. Demand our leaders act now:
Sign now

Dear friends,

In 6 days, Israel's Prime Minister is set to expand Israel into much of Palestine.

Palestine is recognised by the United Nations. But Israel's government is simply taking it over, in violation of international law.

Virtually everyone opposes this, but the question is whether anyone will do anything about it. Europe and others have the power to make Israel think twice, but they need to hear a massive demand for action from citizens first. Let's give it to them!

Demand action for Palestine now

Israel is leaving bits of land to be somewhat self-governed by Palestinians, while besieging them with walls, colonies and military towers. Israel may advance its annexation in stages to decrease international alarm, but the remainder of Palestine already looks like swiss cheese; an impossible state to live in, function, and govern.

Palestinians would effectively be corralled into pockets of land -- like large open-air prisons, under the tight control of Israel. Many call it Apartheid. As Israel's largest trade partner, the EU can make clear that annexation and human rights violations in Palestine will lead to sanctions.

This is one of the most illegitimate actions ever taken in the long tragic history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. If the world yawns, it will mean a new era of injustice and cruelty. This is what Avaaz is for -- let's say "not on our watch", and raise the alarm with our leaders to act:

Demand action for Palestine now

Avaaz fought hard for the United Nations to recognize Palestine as the world's 194th state, and we won. Palestine's Ambassador to Europe said then: "Avaaz and its members across the world have played a crucial role in persuading governments to support the Palestinian people's bid for a state and for freedom and peace. They have stood with us throughout and their solidarity and support will be remembered and cherished across Palestine". Let's stand with Palestinians, Israelis, and people everywhere who want to protect rights, freedom, and laws, and not the rule of the strong governing our world.

With hope and determination,

Ricken, Marie, Fadi, Mike, Nax, Mohammad, Nathan and the Avaaz team

MORE INFORMATION:

400 Jewish studies scholars denounce Israeli annexation as ‘apartheid’ (Jerusalem Post)
https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/400-jewish-studies-scholars-denounce-israeli-annexation-as-apartheid-631296

Annexation Is a Gross Violation of International Law: Europe must have a sharp Response
(Der Spiegel)
https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/jean-asselborn-on-israel-s-plan-annexation-is-a-gross-violation-of-international-law-a-7f11734d-2f04-4587-809f-11b3b877141f

What would Israel annexing the West Bank mean (The Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/09/what-would-israel-annexing-the-west-bank-mean

Avaaz is a 60-million-person global campaign network
that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.

You became a member of the Avaaz movement and started receiving these emails when you signed "Join Avaaz!" on 2013-08-06

To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at https://www.avaaz.org/en/contact/?footer or call us at +1-888-922-8229 (US).

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 6:05 PM
Subject: Palestine could end in 6 days