*[Enwl-eng] We only have 10 years left before the planet could become uninhabitable

1 view

ENWLine

Nov 12, 2020, 11:39:43 AM11/12/20
to "ENWL-uni"

We have until 2030 to curb climate change, but for the past four years Trump has only made it worse

Sign Now

We have until 2030 to save our planet from the irreversible damage of climate change. That's the year that scientists say, if governments haven't come together to drastically reduce emissions, it is likely that we will be unable to stop the global temperature from warming the 2.7 degrees Fahrenheit considered to be the "temperature of no return." The United States, with its policies, could make or break the mission to reduce emissions, being that it's the second largest emitter in the world. But for the last four years, the nation and the environment has been held ransom by Trump and his science-denying GOP.

According to the Washington Post, the U.S. has more climate change deniers than anywhere else on Earth. Some of them are holding some of the most powerful positions in government, including the U.S. presidency — for now. In fact, Trump stunned the world by pulling out of the Paris Agreement as one of his first acts as president. But as his time draws to an end, there is still plenty of damage his administration can do. We cannot afford for even three more months of ceaseless attacks on our planet. Sign the petition and demand that Republican leaders not attempt any action to increase the use of or dependence on fossil fuels in the U.S. until we have someone in the White House who believes that climate change is real!

Thank you,

Lauren W.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. The past four years have had a devastating effect on our environment. We can't afford even three more months. Sign the petition today.

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com