*[Enwl-eng] RSVP now: Our Money, Our Jobs, Our Future – Our Lives global webinars

ENWLine

Jun 27, 2020, 12:27:52 PM6/27/20
to "ENWL-uni"
Register now for one of our webinars – and hear inspiring stories and amazing action ideas from activists.

Hi,

On the 18th of July, those who control the budgets of the world’s 20 wealthiest countries will meet to discuss how they will spend trillions in public money on economic recovery and stimulus packages following the worldwide impact of COVID-19.

Join our webinar on Tuesday, 30 June to find out more about what we should expect from the G20 and how we can unleash a global wave of mobilizations to ensure a more just recovery & join forces with other mobilizations, especially the ongoing protests against police violence and systemic racism.

RSVP now

We see the deep roots of the problems that connect us, and the values that unite us. World leaders have failed us, on climate action, on fighting the pandemic, as well as on defending black lives. It’s time we come together as never before to take action.

As we recover from COVID-19 and enter the decade for people and the planet, we must take this moment to demand bold climate action and end the era of fossil fuels. It’s time to invest in public health systems which would have protected us from the dire impacts of the pandemic, to build green jobs and social protection of the future, and to dismantle white supremacist structures that lay violence on Black people’s, Indigenous people’s and people of color’s lives.

2020 and 2021 is when competing visions for the future of our planet will come to a head, and our job is to step boldly into this fight. We can’t let them decide on our future and return to business as usual. We can’t let corporate lobbyists dictate the direction behind closed doors. This is about our money, our jobs, our future – our lives. We demand justice.

It starts now. The decisions the G20 will make can set the world on the path to a safe and just recovery from the interwoven crises of racial injustice, COVID, economic upheaval and climate breakdown hitting us all at once. There are trillions of dollars of our money on the table and we want a say in where it goes. These decisions will have an impact on our future for decades and centuries to come.

Register now for one of our webinars – and hear inspiring stories and amazing action ideas from activists coming together from across the climate, development, labour, youth, health and racial justice movements from around the world, including International Trade Union Congress leader Sharan Burrow, Ugandan youth climate striker Hilda Nakabuye, Asian Peoples’ Movement for Debt and Development coordinator Lidy Nacpil, CAN-International Executive Director Tasneem Essop, and 350’s North America Director Tamara Toles O'Laughlin.

We are hosting two sessions to cover most time zones, one at 8am GMT, the other at 3pm GMT. Hope to see you in one of the sessions.

Onwards,

Agnes on behalf of 350.org

350.org is building a global climate movement. You can connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong and growing.

Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 11:22 AM
Subject: RSVP now: Our Money, Our Jobs, Our Future – Our Lives global webinars