*[Enwl-eng] It's bee day!

ENWLine

May 21, 2020, 11:32:22 AM5/21/20
to "ENWL-uni"

We're ramping up our fight to save the bees from toxic pesticides -- but first, we want to hear from YOU.

Do you have 30 seconds to answer our questions about the bees?

 Take the survey

Today, on World Bee Day, I want to remind you how vital our bees are to life on this planet -- and just how close we might be to losing them forever.

These busy pollinators bring us one out of every three bites of food we eat. And for their hard work, they're poisoned -- by the toxic pesticides Bayer-Monsanto and co. have forced into our farming system. The survivors are left open to scary new threats from the US "murder hornet" to a paralysing virus in the UK.

Covid-19 is dominating news cycles and political agendas right now, but behind the scenes, decisions are being made that could save or doom the bees. More than ever, we need to ramp up our fight to ban bee-harming pesticides and expose the industry giants that are poisoning the planet. But we can't do it without your people power.

That's why I'd like to know what you think. We have dozens of opportunities to fight for the bees coming up in the next months, and we don't want to miss the ones that matter most to you. Can you take 30 seconds to tell us how you want to save the bees in 2020?

Yes, I'll take the World Bee Day survey right now!

 Take the survey

Thanks for all that you do,
David and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

Insect numbers down 25% since 1990, The Guardian, 23 April 2020
World Bee Day, UN, 20 May 2019

SumOfUs is a community of people from around the world committed to curbing the growing power of corporations. We want to buy from, work for and invest in companies that respect the environment, treat their workers well and respect democracy. And we’re not afraid to stand up to them when they don’t.

Please help keep SumOfUs strong by chipping in $3

Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:07 PM
Subject: It's bee day!