*[Enwl-eng] Join over 3,000 allies in support of the Ogiek people

ENWL

Dec 3, 2023, 12:00:00 PM12/3/23
to "ENWL-uni"

Pressure Kenyan government

Stop eviction of the Mau Ogiek and Forest Communities in Kenya

Ogiek people lead a donkey to the Mau Forest in the Rift Valley. Photo credit: Thomas Mukoya/Reuters
Stand with the Ogiek from the Mau Forest

Dear Land Rights Now Friends,

On 2 November, more than 1,000 members of the Ogiek indigenous community of the Mau Forest in Kenya were forcibly evicted from their land by the Kenyan government. It was later revealed that this action was taken in the name of carbon credits, a false climate solution when taken without the consent of Indigenous and local communities. Weeks later, many Ogiek remain without shelter or access to basic resources. Their territorial rights also remain tenuous as the petition for the restoration of the Ogiek's land awaits a hearing.

Despite these gross injustices, the case of the Ogiek remains largely invisible in the media. We urge our supporters to take the following actions to support the case.

  1. Follow @OgiekPeoples on Twitter to receive updates about the eviction crisis.

  2. Join more than 3,000 supporters and sign our international petition to support the land rights of the Ogiek.

  3. Generate visibility about the eviction crisis on social media and in the news

In Solidarity,

Land Rights Now

Sign the petition
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Website
Copyright © 2023 Land Rights Now, All Rights Reserved.

con...@landrightsnow.org

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram