*[Enwl-eng] Tell them what you think Vladimir

ENWLine

Jul 16, 2020, 9:03:53 AM7/16/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Tomorrow, the European Central Bank is having a crucial meeting: it could decide to make climate the TOP priority of its new monetary policy.

We need to gather your views to show the ECB that a green, fair and sustainable economy is the number one priority for Europeans. It will only take a minute, are you ready?

Results will be submitted directly to the President of the ECB, Christine Lagarde.

 GIVE YOUR OPINION

A complete U-turn! Until a month ago, climate was not even an item on the ECB's political agenda.

Thanks to your mobilization and the excellent work of NGOs, ECB President Christine Lagarde has for the first time committed herself to "greener" structural changes*.

And tomorrow, at its strategy meeting, the ECB could turn its words into acts by deciding to make climate THE priority of its new monetary policy.

Now is the time to put our demands forward! That's why, we have created a very short and simple survey to gather the views of those concerned, namely YOU, on what the ECB's priorities should be.

It’s high time to remind the ECB of its mission: work for people and the planet, not the industrial and financial lobbies. Vladimir, please take a minute to express your opinion:

Results will be handed directly to the President of the ECB, Christine Lagarde.

TAKE THE SURVEY

So far, the ECB has always refused to put our environmental and social priorities at the heart of its decisions. In order to preserve "stability", the ECB simply keeps on financing all companies, including the biggest polluters, those convicted of fraud or even arms manufacturers!

As the ECB is in the midst of a strategic review of its monetary policy, it has set up a public consultation, a procedure open to all, that should make it possible to evaluate its monetary policy and adapt it.

The thing is, the official form is long, complicated and some questions seem totally disconnected from our concrete concerns. That’s why we have decided to offer you a very short, simplified survey to gather YOUR views on the ECB's priorities.

Let's show the ECB that these discussions will not take place without us. We are in a state of climate emergency and there is no way we will let the ECB get away with "future" environmental commitments, we must take action now.

 GIVE YOUR OPINION

Merci pour tout ce que vous faites,
Leyla and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

Lagarde puts green policy top of agenda in ECB bond buying
Financial Times. 8 July 2020

EU's COVID recovery spending should be guided by green finance plan: experts
Reuters. 26 April 2020.

Quantitative easing and climate: The ECB’s dirty secret
Reclaim Finance. 18 May 2020.

“Greening” the ECB’s asset purchases: How and When?
Reclaim Finance. 13 July 2020

SumOfUs est une communauté de personnes engagées pour contrebalancer le pouvoir grandissant des entreprises à travers le monde. Nous voulons acheter, travailler et investir dans des entreprises qui ne nuisent pas à l’environnement, traitent convenablement leurs salariés et respectent les droits humains. Et nous n’avons aucune crainte à nous lever contre ces entreprises quand elles ne se conforment pas à ces principes.

Aidez SumOfUs à renforcer ses campagnes en faisant un don de $3

Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 1:43 PM
Subject: ECB: Tell them what you think Vladimir