*[Enwl-eng] Ending Iran Sanctions / Announcing NoWar2021

ENWLine

Dec 8, 2020, 8:41:46 AM12/8/20
to "ENWL-uni"

1. There is an opportunity that won't last long to end deadly sanctions imposed by the U.S. government on Iran, and move toward peace and diplomacy. Click here or read below.

2. The NoWar2021 conference may be our best yet, is planned for June 4-6, and can be attended by anyone anywhere with no travel required. More info and early-bird discount registration are here and below.

In violation of legal bans on collective punishment, U.S. sanctions on Iran harm ordinary people, not the Iranian government. These crippling sanctions have robbed the people of their livelihood, violating individuals' right to health, making the Coronavirus pandemic more lethal, and causing unnecessary suffering and death.

President-Elect Biden has expressed his willingness to lift at least some sanctions and rejoin the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, aka the Iran Nuclear Agreement.

The Iranian government has maintained openness to that path for the past four years, and has recently committed -- despite public pressure in response to assassinations -- to abiding by the provisions of the nuclear agreement upon the lifting of sanctions.

Iranian elections in June 2021 could create a government far less willing to continue cooperation with a U.S. government that has abandoned agreements, imposed cruel sanctions, and assassinated Iranians. So the Biden administration will need to demonstrate good faith rapidly.

We need to demonstrate that this is a priority for people in the United States and around the world. Click here to add your name to a petition to the U.S. President-Elect.

Our annual conferences have been fantastic in the past. #NoWar2021 may be the best yet. Leading activists and trainers from around the world will be making connections between weapons fairs and war zones, and focusing our global efforts on a few key projects while preparing us to unravel the war machine everywhere it's found.

The whole thing will be virtual, with full participation possible from anywhere on June 4-6, 2021. Early-bird discounted tickets are now available!

#NoWar2021 is a unique event that brings together a global grassroots coalition of individuals and organizations around the topic of CANSEC, the largest weapons show in North America, and related topics central to our efforts to end war globally.

CANSEC typically brings together 12,000+ government and military officials and weapons industry reps from 55 countries in Ottawa, Canada. This year, CANSEC looks like it’s going online – and so are we!

Join us at our online counter conference #NoWar2021 to put international pressure on CANSEC to end this massive glorification of war.

CANSEC is a symptom of a larger problem. Instead of pouring trillions into weaponry, the world must invest in a just recovery from the coronavirus pandemic and a green new deal that includes a just transition for arms industry workers. #NoWar2021 will bring together key allies to not only assist Canadian efforts to #CancelCANSEC but also to share expertise from similar campaigns worldwide in the global struggle for war abolition.

Panels, discussion groups, workshops, and trainings will cover a range of topics, such as: how to shut down a weapons expo, weapons in space, the global arms trade, war’s environmental footprint, divestment, creative activism, nonviolent civil resistance, and more.

Learn more here.

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement – support our work for a culture of peace.

Opt-in for important, timely mobile messages.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Switch to receiving only one e-newsletter every two weeks.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

Sent: Monday, December 07, 2020 8:06 PM
Subject: Ending Iran Sanctions / Announcing NoWar2021