*[Enwl-eng] Tell Joe Biden to rejoin the Paris Climate Accords

ENWLine

Nov 22, 2020, 12:09:46 PM11/22/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Our environment is getting perilously close to the edge. President-Elect Joe Biden must rejoin the Paris Climate Accords!

Sign Now

Time is running out on our ability to mitigate the worst impacts of climate chaos. We're already seeing the striking and terrifying effects of such changes: fires ransacking the western U.S. states, hurricanes pummeling the South, and record heat waves roaring across the country. We need to dramatically rethink our approach to agriculture, energy, and our economy — now, not in another 10, 20, or 50 years. And the first step on the path to environmental resilience begins with rejoining the Paris Climate Accords.

On November 4, 2020 — the day after the national presidential election — the Trump administration officially withdrew the U.S. from the Paris Climate Accords, an international agreement intended to prevent global warming from reaching past the 2 degrees Celsius tipping point. Rejoining would send a strong message to the rest of the world that the United States is serious about tackling climate catastrophe. Joe Biden has already pledged to reverse Trump's irresponsible withdrawal, but he mustn't waste any time at all. Our Earth is depending on us. Tell President-Elect Joe Biden to make rejoining this international agreement a top priority the moment he takes office!

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. We all know politicians sometimes make promises that then go on the back burner. But the Earth can't wait. Joe Biden must prioritize rejoining the Paris Climate Accords!

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com