*[Enwl-eng] Millions of fish suffocated to death in their own river home

1 view

ENWL

Apr 2, 2023, 10:21:03 AM4/2/23
to "ENWL-uni"

We must save animals from climate change.

Care2 Petitions Logo
Countless fish lie dead in the water, victims of a mass death event.

Millions of Fish Died in Australia Because of Climate Change. The Government Must Take Action!

A river in Australia is nearly overflowing with the stinking, rotting carcasses of millions of dead fish. This massive, sudden die-off event is largely due to climate change - which means Australian leaders have a responsibility to take action, fast.

Sign the petition to demand the Australian government commit to slashing the nation's carbon footprint, in order to save the animals!

Our altering planet has led to rising water temperatures and declining oxygen levels - choking and cooking the fish in their own habitats. Horrifyingly, experts warn that similar events are expected to become more frequent as climate change worsens.

Last year, researchers published a study demonstrating that approximately one-third of all marine animals could disappear in the next 300 years if greenhouse gas emissions remain unchecked.

When huge die-off events occur, it doesn't just affect the poor creatures that died in their own environments. It also affects other animals. This includes predators that need to eat them, as well as the plants, bugs, or smaller fish that the dead animals used to consume.

It is our duty as human beings to ensure that we protect other animals from such extreme mass death events! We must take action to halt climate change.

Australian leaders must enact legislation to significantly cut national greenhouse gas emissions to curb the impacts of climate change! Sign the petition to protect animals everywhere!

Photo of white woman with short brown hair

Thank you,

Miranda

Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Australian leaders must prevent another mass die-off event. Sign the petition.

Care2.com, Inc.
3141 Stevens Creek Blvd. #40394
San Jose, CA 95117
https://www.care2.com