*[Enwl-eng] Kick fossil fuel lobbyists out of U.S. politics!

ENWLine

Aug 31, 2021, 11:44:26 AM8/31/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Corporate lobbyists are poisoning the Earth by poisoning our lawmakers' priorities against us

Sign Now

We are almost certainly going to hit 1.5 degrees Celsius warming. A groundbreaking new U.N. report shows we've already raced past the global 1 degree warming point, and are likely to hit 1.5 degrees within the next 10 years. Even though wildfires are racing through huge parts of the United States, drought and heat waves are assaulting many areas of the globe, and storms such as hurricanes are worsening, leaders have been slow to act. The main reason the U.S. hasn't tackled climate change yet? Corporate lobbyists from dirty fossil fuel and automobile corporations spend millions of dollars ensuring their profits — instead of the world's future — are lawmakers' top priority.

There's no room for regressive corporate money-grabbers in this "debate." The next big milestone that we, as a society, MUST AVOID hitting is when the Earth warms to 2 degrees Celsius past the baseline point from pre-industrial years. After that, coastal cities would be swallowed, the Greenland ice sheet would be gone, and countless endangered species, including monarch butterflies, koalas, many whales, and more would be decimated. Congress says it wants the American people to trust it more. It can start that process by passing new, pro-democracy, pro-people, pro-environmental legislation. Sign the petition to demand an end to the era of corporate money and dirty energy lobbyists tainting our political process!

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. If petroleum companies continue dumping boatloads of cash in lawmakers' wallets and whispering in their ears, it will be toast for the Earth. Sign the petition to get corporate lobbyists out of the halls of Congress!

Care2.com, Inc.
3141 Stevens Creek Blvd. #40394
San Jose, CA 95117
http://www.care2.com