*[Enwl-eng] This precious wolf family is a sign of hope for Oregon wildlife

enwl

Oct 4, 2022, 10:40:32 AM10/4/22
to "ENWL-uni"

But these parents and their babies need our help.

Care2 Petitions Logo
An orange orangutan hanging from rope

A New Wolf Family Was Discovered in Oregon. We Must Protect Them!

Wolves once roamed across much of the American West -- from Washington to California to Colorado, and most states in between. But in order to appease ranchers and other agricultural operators, many wolves were brutally slaughtered in the middle of the 20th century. Then, disgraced ex-President Trump took them off of the Endangered Species list in 2020, dealing a devastating blow to wolf populations across the U.S. That's why the recent discovery of this sweet wolf family in Oregon is so miraculous, and why wildlife authorities must do everything in their power to protect these wolf parents and their two pups!

The wolf's role in North America's ecology is key -- they keep prey populations like deer in check while redistributing nutrients through hunting and movement patterns. Plus, they provide some of the only sources of food for scavengers that do not or cannot hunt. It's impossible to know the extent of the web of life that originates with wolves, but one thing is for sure -- we need them. We must urge the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife to do everything they can to protect this precious pack! Sign the petition now if you agree!

Photo of a white woman with blonde hair smiling

Thank you,

Lauren

Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. A sweet new wolf family was spotted in Oregon. Wolves in the U.S. have suffered in recent years, and we must do everything in our power to protect this pack! Sign the petition.

Care2.com, Inc.
3141 Stevens Creek Blvd. #40394
San Jose, CA 95117
http://www.care2.com