*[Enwl-eng] Why is US military in Africa?

ENWLine

Nov 24, 2020, 8:33:55 AM11/24/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Did you know that the U.S. military has 29 military bases in 15 countries across Africa? The U.S. military established AFRICOM in 2008, despite the majority of African nations rejecting it. Under a false guise of providing security, the U.S. uses its military force to impose control of African land, resources, and labor to serve the needs of U.S. multi-national corporations.

On December 4 at 2:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-5), we'll be co-hosting a webinar on AFRICOM and Human Rights in Africa, featuring first-hand reports about AFRICOM's impact.

What: Free Webinar: AFRICOM & Human Rights in Africa
When: Friday, December 4 at 11:00AM PT / 2:00PM ET / 7:00PM Nigeria Time
How to join: Register here for the Zoom info
Invite your friends and share it on Facebook!

Joy Onyesoh, the President of WILPF International, will speak about Nigeria; Sylvie Ndongmo, the Africa Region representative of WILPF, will speak about Cameroon; Marie-Claire Faray, currently living in the UK, will speak about the Democratic Republic of the Congo; Christine Odera, Commonwealth Youth Peace Ambassador Network - Kenya Country Coordinator (CYPAN), will speak about Kenya; writer and author Margaret Kimberley, representing the Black Alliance for Peace, will explain their initiative: Out of Africa: Shut Down AFRICOM; and investigative journalist Amanda Sperber will report on Somalia.

Currently, there is very little discussion or reporting on the U.S. military's presence in Africa and its detrimental impact. We need to shine a light on the alarming militarization of Africa and what we can do to reverse it. On December 4, join us for what will be an eye-opening, fact-filled webinar about what the U.S. military is really doing in Africa.

See you on Zoom,

Greta Zarro
Organizing Director
World BEYOND War
gr...@worldbeyondwar.org

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement – support our work for a culture of peace.

Opt-in for important, timely mobile messages.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Switch to receiving only one e-newsletter every two weeks.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 6:15 PM
Subject: Why is US military in Africa?