*[Enwl-eng] These endangered dolphins are trapped in the Amazon

ENWL

Nov 3, 2023, 11:58:55 AM11/3/23
to "ENWL-uni"

We cannot allow a tragedy like this to ever happen again!

Care2 Petitions Logo
A deceased dolphin in the Amazon

Hundreds of Endangered Dolphins Are Trapped in the Amazon

Amazon and Tuxuci river dolphins are both endangered species that are on the brink of extinction. Now, over 140 of them have tragically died after being trapped in the shallow, unusually warm waters of Lake Tefé in the Amazon Rainforest. Hundreds more have survived, but are still perilously trapped, unable to escape to cooler water. Luckily, wildlife experts are on their way to try to save as many dolphins as they can. We cannot allow a tragedy like this to ever happen again!

Sign now to tell the Brazilian government to invest in research to prevent dolphins from needlessly dying this way again in the future!

Scientists have warned for decades that climate change would threaten many of our most beloved species. Now, we are watching those impacts unfold in real time. Unprecedented warm temperatures have caused a historic drought in the Amazon rainforest, which in turn has made local lakes unusually shallow, causing water temperatures in them to skyrocket. Imagine the air you breathe getting hotter and more confined with nowhere to escape. That's exactly what these dolphins are suffering through right now. The Brazilian government must commit to researching this tragedy to protect other dolphins from the same fate! Sign the petition now if you agree!

Photo of a woman with brown hair holding a dog

Thank you,

Jess

Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. The Brazilian government can do more to prevent more dolphin deaths. Act now!

Care2.com, Inc.
3141 Stevens Creek Blvd. #40394
San Jose, CA 95117
https://www.care2.com