*[Enwl-eng] Animals in cages

1 view

ENWLine

Jan 7, 2022, 9:47:04 AM1/7/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Only 7,000 cheetahs remain in the wild -- yet over 4,000 were sold on Facebook in the last decade! It's like eBay for illegal wildlife, a safe haven for poachers to also sell tigers, baby orangutans, and other endangered species. We have to stop them! Facebook is incredibly sensitive to public pressure, so if we create a massive global call and release a bombshell media exposé, we could force Facebook to take urgent action. These gruesome sales are happening right now, so we have to move fast -- add your name and tell everyone! Dear friends, There are only 7,000 cheetahs left in the wild -- and yet over 4,000 have been sold on Facebook in the past decade!And that's just the start. Abused and terrified tiger cubs, monkeys, bears, and extremely endangered birds have all been found for sale. Along with a mountain of illegal ivory, pangolin scales, and butchered animal parts.It's like eBay for illegal wildlife, and sellers are making an absolute killing!We have to stop them.Facebook is already facing intense public scrutiny, but stamping out the wildlife trade hasn't been a priority for execs. But with a massive global call and a bombshell exposé we can force this issue into the spotlight and make shutting down this gruesome trade a real priority.After years of campaigning, it's clear that Facebook only moves when it's exposed in the media -- and together, we can make it happen in no time! Add your voice and tell everyone you can -- sign now!
SIGN NOW
[...]

The global ecological crisis is threatening Earth's wildlife more than ever. But now platforms like Facebook are accelerating the crisis by creating a safe haven for poachers and traffickers. The animals are often terrorised, malnourished, and most do not survive the harrowing ordeal.

Wildlife trafficking is one of the most lucrative criminal industries, worth up to $23 billion a year. Now social media is creating them unprecedented opportunities to develop an online marketplace with the opportunity to reach countless new customers.

We have to shut down this bloody trade!

Facebook is already reeling after months of terrible press, so if we ramp up the pressure with a massive global call, and expose the sales in world media, we could force Facebook to take urgent, decisive action. These sales are happening right now, so we have to move fast -- add your name and tell everyone!
Time and again, our movement has come together to fight for life on Earth, standing side-by-side with nature’s defenders, and bringing the voices of animals to the halls of power. We all have a role to play, and tech platforms have to do their part -- we’ve done it before! This is our chance to protect what we hold dear and win a major battle against some of the cruellest things humans are inflicting upon other species today.

With hope and determination,

Ruth, Mike, John, Luis, Christoph, Anneke, and the entire Avaaz team

Avaaz is a 69-million-person global campaign network that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
You became a member of the Avaaz movement and started receiving these emails when you signed "Join Avaaz!" on 2012-05-15
To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at www.avaaz.org/en/contact .
Avaaz.org
27 Union Square West
Suite 500