*[Enwl-eng] Today Is International Youth Day—Here’s How To Celebrate

ENWLine

Aug 13, 2021, 1:10:43 PM8/13/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Today is International Youth Day and what better way to celebrate and support young people than by supporting World BEYOND War’s Peace Education and Action for Impact Project in collaboration with Rotary Action Group for Peace which kicks-off next month. By helping to bring together cohorts of young people from 13 countries across four continents, you will directly support the development of a global youth peace movement that helps ensure a long-term sustainable and just world based in peace.

Now the largest and fastest-growing demographic on the planet, young people are vital to accelerating progress towards the UN's Sustainable Development Goals and related global objectives around "Youth, Peace, and Security" and "Sustaining Peace". With a sponsorship contribution towards the $200 fee per participant, you can be part of the inception of this first-of-its-kind pilot project that involves 13 partner countries—all while supporting and celebrating International Youth Day.

Any financial contribution made today will have an impact for years to come.

I know I don’t need to convince you of the importance of youth in our movement to end war and build sustainable peace. But what better way to hear why your help is needed than from those on the ground around the world?

World BEYOND War Advisory Board member, Christine Achieng Odera, on the impact the project will have on Kenyans:

World BEYOND War Cameroon chapter coordinator, Guy Feugap, on why you should invest in the young people in Cameroon’s team:

You can also read more about the need for peace in Cameroon here.

Tijana Ristic, a member of Rotary Action Group for Peace, Rotaract Representative from Serbia, and a Rotary-IEP Positive Peace Activator, speaks about how the project will benefit her and her community of young peacebuilders:

If you make a contribution in support of the project today and make it a recurring donation, a generous WBW donor will donate an additional $250 to WBW.

Thank you for supporting the future of global peacebuilding!

Alex McAdams, WBW Development Director

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, chapters, and affiliated organizations advocating for the abolition of the institution of war.
Donate to support our people-powered movement for peace.

Opt-in to mobile updates.  Manage email preferences.  Privacy policy.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

World BEYOND War | 513 E Main St #1484 | Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 7:01 PM
Subject: Today Is International Youth Day—Here’s How To Celebrate