*[Enwl-eng] Urgent: We can't save the bees without you!

ENWLine

Feb 28, 2021, 10:47:06 AM2/28/21
to "ENWL-uni"

A quarter of bee species have disappeared in the last 30 years.

Bayer and Syngenta's deadly pesticides are catapulting bees to extinction -- so we’re amping up our global campaign to stop them.

Can you chip in a little each month to power our bee-saving plan?

Donate $1 monthlyDonate $3 monthlyDonate $5 monthlyDonate another amount
No thanks, but I'll make a one-time donation.

A damning new study just revealed that we haven't seen a quarter of bee species since the 1990s.

Bee numbers are plummeting, and it's about to get worse. Bayer and Syngenta are using the pandemic as cover for dismantling the progress we've made on banning bee-killing pesticides.

Your role in saving the bees, Vladimir, is more important than ever.

If you chip in a little each month, just look at what you could win for the bees:

  • You'll expose the pesticide industry's disinformation campaign that's infiltrating universities.
  • You'll stop Bayer and Syngenta's attempts to undermine neonic bans in Europe.
  • And you'll expand our work into Africa and Latin America, supporting local groups fighting to stop Bayer and Syngenta from dumping their bee-killing pesticides in these regions.

We’re scaling up this fight like never before, but we simply can’t do any of this without you. Will you chip in a little each month to save the bees?

Donate $1 monthlyDonate $3 monthlyDonate $5 monthlyDonate another amount
No thanks, but I'll make a one-time donation.

We’re in a global fight to save bees from toxic pesticides. These poisons have proven to be a leading cause of death of entire bee colonies. And research shows that bees exposed to these pesticides fly only a third of the distance that unexposed bees can.

But when SumOfUs members like you come together to demand bans on these pesticides, you win again and again.

Your victories across the European Union have been historic -- bans on neonics, thiacloprid, chlorpyrifos, and more -- and they've set the stage for the rest of the world to join and save the bees everywhere. We can’t let Bayer and Syngenta take that away.

We’ve got a big, ambitious plan to take on the pesticide industry and stop it from dismantling all the progress we’ve made -- and we know we can pull it off with you on board. Can you make a small monthly donation to save the bees?

Donate $1 monthlyDonate $3 monthlyDonate $5 monthlyDonate another amount
No thanks, but I'll make a one-time donation.

Thanks for all that you do,
Nick and the SumOfUs team

More information:

We haven’t seen a quarter of known bee species since the 1990s, National Geographic, 22 Jan 2021

The Pesticide Industry's Playbook for Poisoning the Earth, The Intercept, 18 Jan 2020

Bees aren't getting enough sleep, thanks to some common pesticides, CNN, 21 Jan 2021

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2021 6:26 PM
Subject: Urgent: We can't save the bees without you!