Fw: *[Enwl-eng] Fossil fuels might get a green label? Here’s why that’s bull

1 view

enwl

Jun 22, 2022, 7:07:18 PM6/22/22
to "ENWL-uni"

A group of Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) has sent shockwaves through the parliament.

They gave us hope. They voted against giving a ‘green’ label worth billions to some of the dirtiest and most dangerous fuels! [1]

This is a huge step but we have not won yet. Right now lobbyists will be fighting twice as hard. They will be responding with more behind-closed-door meetings, briefings and bias reports. With very little time until the final vote in the plenary, we have to get to work busting these myths.

Luckily, a new video is laying bare the importance of this vote. It shows the reality of the debate. It shows a better way forward. It shows bold new rules for renewable energy unleashing Europe’s potential.

But if we’re going to win, we need everyone to see it. Then, our united voices can drown out the lobbyists and set the record straight. So, will you help us shore up the support we need before it’s too late?

WATCH NOW
Video thumbnail
Yes - I will spread the truth

The climate is at stake and this decision could either lock us into a climate crisis or help us begin to repair our planet. Can you please share to spread the truth before it’s too late?

The more eyes on this, the more voices will rise up to demand a bold future for renewables.

We know we can count on you,
David (London), Alexandre (Marseille), Àlex (Barcelona) and the entire WeMove Europe team

P.S. A few weeks ago the results of this first vote seemed impossible to reach but thousands of us signing the petition, emailing, tweeting and calling undecided MEPs have helped convince them to vote for people and the planet instead of dirty industry interests. Now we have to do the same for the final vote. Please watch and share the video.

WeMove Europe is an independent and values-based organisation that seeks to build people power to transform Europe in the name of our community, future generations and the planet.

WeMove Europe is funded by donations from our community across Europe. Can you chip in with a few euros a month and help make sure we can move fast to win the campaigns that matter to all of us? Donate

Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook | Subscribe on Youtube

WeMove Europe SCE mbH | Planufer 91 Berlin | www.wemove.eu | Privacy policy

Sent: Friday, June 17, 2022 6:44 PM
Subject: Fossil fuels might get a green label? Here’s why that’s bull