*[Enwl-eng] Unveiling New Peace Billboards

1 view

ENWLine

Dec 21, 2020, 10:50:22 AM12/21/20
to "ENWL-uni"

We’re thrilled to announce a new series of billboards to be unveiled across multiple cities. Launched on or around January 22, 2021, the billboards based on the images below will celebrate and amplify the historic importance of the UN Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons entering into force.

Here's one going up all around Seattle, Washington, U.S.:

We can do more, but only with your help. Donate to the billboards campaign here.

Billboards and the campaigns we build around them both educate the public and advocate for stakeholder support. They can also stigmatize government action that is in conflict with promulgated policies and practices. This specific campaign will do all three.

See here for some examples of our previous billboard campaigns.

We are also extremely excited to share that we recently received a contribution from Roger Waters (of Pink Floyd fame) in support of billboards in Germany. Given that Berlin is in lockdown, we are strategizing the best way to launch the billboards and are in talks with a team of activists about ways to maximize exposure. Here's our design:

With additional support, we can bring even more billboards to more cities across the world. We are also looking to put billboards in the Hague as part of a campaign to influence international lawyers.

Want to support our billboards campaign? Make a contribution here.

Interested in learning more about how you can use billboards as a powerful tool for reaching people and maximizing exposure of your activist campaign? Check out our new billboards organizing guide!

Need something great to listen to? Start with the song at the top of this page.

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement – support our work for a culture of peace.

Opt-in for important, timely mobile messages.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Switch to receiving only one e-newsletter every two weeks.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

Sent: Monday, December 21, 2020 5:00 PM
Subject: Unveiling New Peace Billboards