*[Enwl-eng] The most important minute

1 view

ENWLine

Sep 23, 2020, 8:37:05 AM9/23/20
to "ENWL-uni"
#ImagineFor1Minute

Dear friends,

We rarely take the time to visualise what a better future could look like.

That’s why thousands of Avaaz members from across the planet contributed our photos for the creation of this inspiring video – inviting the whole of humanity, from world leaders to school children, to take 1 minute to imagine a better post-Covid future.

Click below to imagine this world, share the video with your friends, and then let’s build this future together!

Let this be the most important minute of your day:

This tiny film was launched to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the UN General Assembly, and features Avaaz members, alongside the voices of UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres, Greta Thunberg, Pope Francis, indigenous leaders Hindou Ibrahim and Benki Piyako, and other influential global voices.

Watch it now and share widely to invite your friends to join.

The Covid-19 pandemic, economic recession, deadly disinformation, political polarisation, wildfires across the world... 2020 feels overwhelming. Yet it’s also a year of epic resistance, and unprecedented kindness and solidarity. Let's allow hope to guide our dreams for a brighter future.

With love for humanity and hope for our shared future,

Spyro, Luis and the whole team at Avaaz

Avaaz is a 60-million-person global campaign network
that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.

You became a member of the Avaaz movement and started receiving these emails when you signed "Join Avaaz!" on 2013-08-06

To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at https://www.avaaz.org/en/contact/?footer or call us at +1-888-922-8229 (US).