*[Enwl-eng] 7 Reasons to Attend a Climate Reality Training

ENWLine

May 25, 2018, 12:40:56 PM5/25/18
to "ENWL-uni"

The Climate Reality Project

Climate Reality

Former US Vice President Al Gore created the Climate Reality Leadership Corps in 2006 to train everyday people on how to fight the climate crisis. It all started with a simple proposition: You want to change the world. We’ll show you how.

We’re heading to Los Angeles, California from August 28-30 to host our largest-ever training. It promises to be one of the most important US climate events of the year, bringing together thousands to learn from Vice President Gore and some of the best and the brightest in climate science, technology, and communications strategy.

Why should you attend this free training? Here’s seven things you’ll learn:

  1. The science of climate change. Along with offering a big-picture perspective of the crisis, our training will also focus on impacts and solutions specific to Southern California and the western United States.

  2. How it’s transforming daily life for communities around the world. Our training will explore how activists can inspire action by drawing a clear line from the climate crisis to the impact it’s having on the lives and livelihoods of moms and dads and children all over the world.

  3. The solutions available today. You’ll learn about the practical policies and technologies we can use to accelerate the shift to renewable energy so we can address climate change while there’s still time.

  4. Powerful storytelling, public speaking, and social media networking techniques. Persuading people with facts can be difficult, even when they are on your side – but we’ll teach you ways to build trust with your networks.

  5. Media engagement strategies. We’ll detail how our newest Climate Reality Leaders can effectively use media outreach to mobilize their communities for action.

  6. Best practices in grassroots organizing. We’ll highlight the critical steps to building an inclusive and successful grassroots campaign, covering everything from on-site tabling and phone/text banking to email recruitment, event planning, and much more.

  7. How activists are building momentum for solutions around the world. You’ll hear real-life stories from everyday activists who are working to build a world we want. And you’ll have the chance to build a network of fellow activists to support you in the work ahead.

Are you ready to join this incredible network of dedicated climate champions fighting for a better, more sustainable tomorrow? Apply now to join us August 28-30 in Los Angeles, California and become a Climate Reality Leader.

- Your friends at Climate Reality

Give us three days

We’ll give you the tools to change the world.

fb

tw

yt

insta