*[Enwl-eng] Find out why food loss matters

ENWL

Sep 29, 2022, 1:00:08 PM9/29/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Today, as we celebrate the International Day of Awareness on Food Loss & Waste, let’s take action to raise awareness about this global challenge.
c625dad5-eb7e-499b-80c4-90814fc37e1b.png c8405a29-ae57-4257-a3ef-2140bef66f74.png dd892e52-d31d-4f09-b72c-2219082fb635.png

Happy International Day of Awareness on Food Loss and Waste! Let’s act together for the people and the planet.

Around 17 per cent of available food is wasted at the retail and consumer levels, while over 800 million people suffer from hunger, further exacerbated by the pandemic and the global food crisis. Food loss is responsible for an estimated 8-10% of global emissions while more than 28% of the planet’s arable land is used to produce food that is wasted.

Today, as we celebrate the third observance of the International Day of Awareness on Food Loss and Waste, take action to raise awareness about this global challenge. Everyone has a role to play in realizing the vision of a greener world without hunger and malnutrition, where no one is left behind.

Get involved!
- Participate in the "every plate counts social media challenge"
- Download the Get Involved Guide for action ideas to take all year long.
- Get all your questions answered.
- Take the quiz.
- Watch the video on the connection to the climate crisis.
- Access this Trello board for more materials.
- Check out related events.

The United Nations General Assembly designated 29 September as the International Day of Awareness on Food Loss and Waste. The day is co-convened by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the United Nations Environment Programme.
UN Environment Programme, 2022
www.stopfoodlosswaste.org

 Our mailing address is:
unenviron...@un.org

UN Environment Programme does NOT share your information with third parties, UN Environment Programme does NOT share your email addresses with sponsors or any third parties, and UN Environment Programme does NOT run exclusive ‘sponsored’ emails on behalf of third parties. You are able to ask us to send you all of the information we hold about you (subject to certain legal limitations). To do this, please use the email address below and provide any information we may need in order to locate information we store about you.

Please do not print this email unless it is necessary. Every unprinted email helps the environment.If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at unenviron...@un.org

UN Environment Programme · United Nations Environment Programme - United Nations Avenue, Gigiri · P O Box 30552 · Nairobi 00100 · Kenya

Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2022 3:53 PM
Subject: Find out why food loss matters