*[Enwl-eng] CA banned gas cars. IL and NY must follow suit!

1 view

ENWLine

Oct 4, 2020, 1:27:16 PM10/4/20
to "ENWL-uni"

California is phasing out gas cars. Ask New York and Illinois to follow suit to save our planet!

Sign Now

Cars are some of the largest contributors to pollution and greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S. and around the world. Every year, cars and trucks together create approximately 20% of all emissions in the U.S. — emissions which then, in turn, accumulate to cause climate change. That's why it's so exciting that California, the largest economic powerhouse in the U.S. and the fifth-largest economy in the world, has now banned the sale of gas-only vehicles! By 2035, all cars purchased in California must be zero-emission.

The climate crisis has become undeniable. From raging wildfires all along the entirety of the West Coast, to poisonous unbreathable air, to record-breaking summer temperatures, to rapidly melting polar ice caps, climate change is causing rampant destruction everywhere. We don't have much time to reverse this trend. Every year, the situation will get worse — and the only recourse we have is massive, direct government action. That's why we're calling on New York and Illinois, two of the other largest economies in the nation, to follow California's lead. Tell lawmakers in Illinois and New York to ban the sale of all emissions-producing vehicles and require new cars to be emission-free!

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. By banning gas-only cars, California hopes to cut transportation-related emissions by 35 percent. It's time for New York and Illinois to enact the same ban!

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com