*[Enwl-eng] We must vaccinate poorer nations to prevent more COVID variants

ENWLine

Dec 3, 2021, 12:31:24 PM12/3/21
to "ENWL-uni"

If you're worried about Omicron, join us in demanding vaccine equity.

Care2 Petitions Logo
Two boxes of a COVID-19 vaccine

Prevent a "Vaccine Apartheid:" Distribute Vaccines to Poorer Nations Now!

In under 2 years, the COVID-19 pandemic has killed over 5 million people around the world. Yet as people in wealthy countries such as the United States receive booster shots, billions remain entirely unvaccinated globally due to lack of access. As of October of 2021, pharmaceutical companies and wealthy nations had delivered only one in seven doses that they had promised to send to low-income countries in the global south

Sign now to demand: wealthy pharmaceutical companies must donate more doses to COVAX!

COVAX, the World Health Organization's project to increase vaccine accessibility and equity, is working hard to ensure that people everywhere get vaccinated -- not just those living in rich countries in the global north. Less than 10% of people living on the continent of Africa are fully vaccinated, which some activists are calling a "vaccine apartheid." Pharmaceutical companies must act to distribute more doses to COVAX before it is too late.

Photo of white woman with red hair

Thank you,

Kelsey

Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. We are facing a new variant of the virus: Omicron. To avoid future, potentially deadlier variants, we must have vaccine equity!

Care2.com, Inc.
3141 Stevens Creek Blvd. #40394
San Jose, CA 95117
http://www.care2.com