*[Enwl-eng] Here’s how you helped animals

1 view

enwl

Jun 16, 2022, 12:34:31 PM6/16/22
to "ENWL-uni"

You’re making the world a safer place for animals—thank you

Humane Society International
Your impact report.

Next week marks the beginning of Yulin’s annual dog and cat meat “festival,” and we’re lucky to have animal lovers like you by our side. It’s because of you that momentum is building across the globe to help prevent animal suffering.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Flocken
President of Humane Society International

P.S. If you’ve ever considered donating to help animals, you can make a huge difference for them by donating today.

Brown mouse in wild

We celebrated two major victories for animals in the UK in the last few months. Following our successful campaigns, Parliament passed the Glue Traps (Offences) Bill, meaning it will soon be illegal in England for the public to use these cruel devices, and the Animal Welfare (Sentience) Bill also became law. This means new laws will have to take into account the welfare needs of animals as sentient beings with emotions and feelings.

White duck.

Yucatan, Mexico celebrates its fifth year of a cruelty-free Kots Kaal Pato festival, saving countless animals from a cruel fate. HSI campaigned against this cruelty, and this transformation to a festival of kindness is due largely in part to animal lovers like you who spoke up.

Chickens outside.

 In Chile, egg farmers using cage-free hen housing systems have formed the country’s first union association to support cage-free production. Restaurants, small businesses and farmers in Malaysia teamed up for the first time to transition to cage-free eggs after businesses collaborated with HSI on their purchasing policies.

Plant-based meal.

Five Sodexo Canada accounts committed to transition 20% of menu options to plant-based, as part of the company’s nationwide collaboration with HSI. Similarly, in Brazil, municipalities and schools have committed to swap out animal-based meals for plant-based meals one day a week – taking animals off of more than 12.5 million plates  and has prioritized animal-free safety assessments of school supplies. Previously, rats and rabbits were routinely used to test school supplies like glue and paints.

Save Ralph Webby Winner.

Save Ralph won the Jury Award and the People’s Voice Award at this year’s Webby Awards. HSI also recently held a Save Ralph exhibition at the National Assembly in South Korea to raise awareness amongst lawmakers and to urge them to pass a new bill, the PAAM Act, to save animals from animal testing.

Thank you for making this all possible.

Photos by CreativeNature_nl/iStock.com; debibishop/iStock.com; deepblue4you/iStock.com; Steven Seighman/For the HSUS; HSI

Facebook. Twitter. YouTube. Instagram.

Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2022 7:15 PM
Subject: Here’s how you helped animals

supporter