*[Enwl-eng] Nukes are now illegal. Let's celebrate & mobilize.

1 view

ENWLine

Jan 16, 2021, 10:12:22 AM1/16/21
to "ENWL-uni"

.

January 22 is the monumental day when nuclear weapons become illegal worldwide as the Treaty for the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons enters into force.

You're invited to join World BEYOND War and our partners to celebrate this historic day, mobilize those countries that haven't signed the treaty to urge them to act, and strategize about how we can leverage this success to push further in the campaign for nuclear abolition and the end to all war.

This is a pivotal moment in the anti-war movement. It's inspiring to see groups from all corners of the globe organizing actions in support of this day. Here are some key events to put on your calendar:

What: The Man Who Saved the World Film Discussion & Global Meetup
When: Saturday, January 16 at 3:00pm-5:00pm Eastern (GMT-05:00)
Register here! Share it on Facebook.
We'll send you the link to watch the film on your own time. Then, on January 16, we'll hear from World BEYOND War Board Member Alice Slater, who has dedicated her life to banning the bomb. We'll break out into discussion groups to network and strategize with other activists from around the world, and share organizing ideas for the January 22 global day of action.

What:
The Threat of Nuclear Weapons: Why Canada Should Sign the UN Nuclear Ban Treaty Featuring Noam Chomsky
When: Friday, January 22 at 2:00pm Eastern (GMT-05:00)
Register here!
Share it on Facebook.
Presented by the Canadian Foreign Policy Institute and co-sponsored by World BEYOND War.

What: Ban Nuclear Weapons Watch Party
When: Friday, January 22 at 7:00pm-9:00pm Eastern (GMT-05:00)
Register! Share it on Facebook.
Join WILPF Pittsburgh, World BEYOND War, and co-sponsors for a Zoom video watch party/discussion of “The Beginning of the End of Nuclear Weapons.” The documentary film (made in 2017) explains the process of getting the treaty ratified by 122 UN states and the role of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, ICAN, which won the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts.

P.S. Find many more events and resources from World BEYOND War and our partners on our January 22 global action page here and Canada action page.

For a world beyond war,

Greta Zarro
Organizing Director
World BEYOND War
gr...@worldbeyondwar.org

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement – support our work for a culture of peace.

Opt-in for important, timely mobile messages.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Switch to receiving only one e-newsletter every two weeks.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 5:31 PM
Subject: Nukes are now illegal. Let's celebrate & mobilize