*[Enwl-eng] Donald Trump was impeached (again)

ENWLine

Jan 14, 2021, 12:30:13 PM1/14/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Join us for the People's Day of Action
Did your representative do the right thing on impeachment? Thank them or hold them accountable.

Friend,

Earlier today, Donald Trump became the first president in history to be impeached by the House of Representatives for a second time.

Last week, Donald Trump and his allies incited an armed insurrection by far-right militants to overturn his embarrassing election loss. The 1/6/21 attack on our country must never happen again.

Today’s vote in the House was the first step toward accountability, but we will not rest until Trump is removed from office and banned from seeking public office in the future. He has betrayed his oath of office and threatened our republic.

Act now: Send a message to thank your House member if they voted for impeachment today — or hold them accountable if they failed to protect our democracy.

We’re exactly one week away from the inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as our next president and vice president. Even so, we must uncover the truth of what happened on 1/6/21 and hold all those involved in the attempted coup accountable. If that work must continue after the inauguration on January 20, so be it.

Now, the impeachment process moves to the Senate. In the coming days, we’ll put pressure on senators to vote to convict, remove, and ban Trump from office.

But today, we need to thank those representatives who voted for impeachment and admonish those who either lacked the courage to support impeachment this afternoon or were complicit in Trump’s attacks on our democracy over the last four years.

Contact your representative

Thank you,

Kolin Kearns
National Digital Campaigns Manager