*[Enwl-eng] Give Panthers a BRAKE!

ENWLine

Mar 1, 2013, 3:50:30 PM3/1/13
to "ENWL-uni"
Give Panthers a Brake

Fewer than 160 Florida panthers remain in the wild, and 19 were hit and
killed by vehicles in 2012 - this was a new record for the
number of Florida panthers killed by vehicles in a single year.

The Florida panther is one of the most endangered mammals on Earth and we
need your help to save it!

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=NLBAbGEEY4r6NLccuTuLIw

In just over a week, we are launching a major public awareness campaign
to alert Floridians to the plight of their official state animal - and to
engage as many people as possible in our efforts to save it.

Today, fewer than 160 of these beautiful cats remain in a shrinking
patchwork of South Florida habitat. As human habitation expands into panther
territory, collisions with cars and trucks have become a leading cause of
panther deaths.

We need to Give Panthers a BRAKE - literally.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=0SitB9dYm2xLvfgsf1eqcQ

Our kick-off will take place at the home of Florida's aptly-named pro hockey
team -
the Florida Panthers!

We plan to run a high-profile advertising blitz at all eight Panther home
games in
March. Average attendance this season has been about 18,000 people per
game.

These ads will reach out directly to residents and drivers in Florida and
remind them that the simple act of slowing down can help save their
endangered state animal.

But we must raise $50,000 by February 28th to get this campaign underway, so
please hurry!

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=-V3G5cDBh5g-5OPxcEer0A

The advertising blitz is a big step in our ambitious campaign to bring the
Florida panther back from the brink, it aims to:

* Inspire Floridians to protect their panther through advertising and
outreach campaigns like "Give Panthers a BRAKE!"
* Secure more panther habitat, allowing them to expand their natural range
and thrive;
* Improve safe passage for panthers across roads;
* Work with Florida landowners to encourage responsible coexistence with
panthers.

No one at the hockey games will miss the message! Our call to action will be
placed in numerous places throughout the stadium including:

* The jumbotron-sized scoreboard at the center of the stadium;
* The huge LED-powered ring of light that circles the stadium;
* The giant 20-foot by 20-foot video screen at the main entrance
* PLUS radio announcers covering the games will call on all Floridians to
give panthers a BRAKE!

With your help, we can make sure Florida's majestic panther is on the road
to recovery. Please donate today and help us get panthers on the scoreboard!

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=8YjTSWMOXw_D9iiNs4gTgA

Sincerely,

Jamie Rappaport Clark
President
Defenders of Wildlife

Defenders of Wildlife leads the pack when it comes to protecting wild
animals and plants in their natural communities »
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=nKDmar6nex2TLr06azPjAw

1130 17th Street NW | Washington, DC 20036 |
1-800-385-9712

HOME
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=eQKgTrCABXiXU2zuXGfliQ

DONATE NOW
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=w4sWIlFNZbei2AJ0IOQZow

CONTACT US
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=czYb2QyVVx-3Fvww3N7SGw

RSS FEEDS
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=kPHqYs1ov6ohOjhGXF3orA

PRIVACY POLICY
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=k4EXJaeTLrG7RkiChKTAsg

TERMS OF USE
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=wvke0UxR0qDQPn2z380wdw

© Copyright 02/22/2013 Defenders of Wildlife.

cid=0

Defenders of Wildlife is a national, nonprofit membership organization
dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals and plants in
their natural communities.

Defenders of Wildlife can be contacted at:
1130 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036