*[Enwl-eng] This bill aims to protect and preserve what we haven’t already lost

ENWLine

May 28, 2022, 1:19:49 PM5/28/22
to "ENWL-uni"

In addition to harming the environment, deforestation is also often harmful to humans.

Care2 Petitions Logo
An orangutan in a forest with the text: ''Across the globe forests are being destroyed by irresponsible agribusiness and overconsumption. New York, take a stand for global forests: support the New York Deforestation Free Procurement Act!''

We Need Forests To Keep Our Planet Safe. This New York Bill Would Do Just That!

Deforestation is a major driver of climate change. It causes 10 to 15 percent of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. If deforestation were a country, it would be the third-largest national emitter in the world. What's more, keeping forests standing and promoting reforestation is vital to carbon sequestration, a key solution to avoiding climate chaos.

Sign our petition to urge lawmakers to pass a strong law to fight the loss of our climate-critical forests! The New York Deforestation-Free Procurement Act needs your support.

We know the U.S. federal government can be gridlocked, and sometimes it seems unable to deal with climate-related crises. But individual states can make a huge difference and show leadership in this void -- and New York State is poised to lead the way. Urge New York lawmakers to say YES to this incredible bill that, if passed, could  actually curb forest loss, inspire other states to pass similar laws, and help humanity truly address climate change!

Photo of a woman with brown hair holding a dog

Thank you,

Jess

Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. This monumental bill would ensure that products New York State buys and imports are not contributing to the loss of Earth's most vital ecosystems. Sign the petition now!

Care2.com, Inc.
3141 Stevens Creek Blvd. #40394
San Jose, CA 95117
http://www.care2.com