*[Enwl-eng] This impoverished territory is swimming in COVID cases, with few resources

ENWLine

Dec 8, 2020, 8:35:25 AM12/8/20
to "ENWL-uni"

The Gaza Strip is drowning in COVID cases, with few resources to help struggling patients. International governments must help, now!

Sign Now

Vladimir,

In the Palestinian territory of the Gaza Strip, the COVID situation just keeps getting worse. The impoverished area is home to a densely-packed two million people — but despite its huge population, the territory only has 100 ventilators, total. And already, 80 percent of those machines are being used for COVID-19 patients. Yet cases continue to rise, with no signs of plateauing. One young man, Ahmed Alnajar, explained to reporters: "Every single person in my family is infected, our neighbors, too. There is hardly a street where someone isn't infected." Experts there warn that "within a week, we will become unable to care for critical cases."

It's not an accident that Gaza's healthcare system is so strapped. The territory has been under a blockade for decades now, which has shattered these Palestinians' economy, restricted residents' movements and travel, and denied them of the extremely basic things any human needs to live — including adequate healthcare and hospital resources. Gazans can't be forced to reckon with this massively deadly virus all on their own. Tell the United States, Great Britain, and the United Nations to immediately send ventilators, effective treatments, and other necessary medical equipment to hospitals in the Gaza Strip!

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. We can't leave Gazans to watch as their loved ones sicken, struggle to breathe, and pass away. Demand that international governments step in to help provide life-saving resources!

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com