*[Enwl-eng] New Online Course: Leaving WWII Behind

ENWLine

May 21, 2022, 7:40:23 AM5/21/22
to "ENWL-uni"

The most common turn in any conversation on abolishing war is to a particular war, the very worst war thus far, which happened 75 years ago: World War II.

One of the most common topics of books, films, and other cultural productions, World War II, may also be one of the most misunderstood — with that misunderstanding wildly misused to justify ghastly horrors, and even to take steps that are moving us closer to World War III.

Here’s a new analysis of well-established facts, presented in an interactive global online course over six weeks.

This course is 100% online and interactions are not live or scheduled, so you can take part whenever works for you. Weekly content includes a mix of text, images, video, and audio. Instructors and students utilize online discussion forums to go over each week's content, as well as to provide feedback on optional assignment submissions. The course also includes three 1-hour optional zoom calls which are designed to facilitate a more interactive and real-time learning experience.

Please click here for answers to every question we could imagine, and to register for your spot in the course!

Course fee: $100 (Pay less if you have to, more if you can.) There will be a limit of 150 tickets sold for this course.

Everyone registered for the course will receive PDF, ePub, and/or mobi (kindle) versions of David Swanson's book Leaving World War II Behind, which will provide additional reading to those who want to go beyond the written, video, and graphic materials provided in the course.

The purpose of the course is to inform the participant and enable them to inform others of why World War II is not a good justification for military spending and war planning, both because WWII happened in a very different world from today's, and because common beliefs about the nature of and justifications for WWII are false. By debunking myths about WWII having been necessary, justifiable, and beneficial, we can strengthen arguments for moving to a world beyond war.

The course will explore why WWII was not fought to rescue anyone from persecution, was not necessary for defense, was the most damaging and destructive event yet to occur, and could have been prevented by avoiding any of several bad decisions.

Learn more and sign up at this link.

Please do peace a favor and forward this to anyone who might be interested!

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, chapters, and affiliated organizations advocating for the abolition of the institution of war.

Donate to support our people-powered movement for peace.

Opt-in to mobile updates.  Manage email preferences.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

World BEYOND War | 513 E Main St #1484 | Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA
World BEYOND War | 450, 4-2 Donald Street | Winnipeg, MB R3L 0K5 Canada

Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2022 6:33 PM
Subject: New Online Course: Leaving WWII Behind