*[Enwl-eng] Justice

ENWLine

Jan 29, 2021, 11:51:49 AM1/29/21
to "ENWL-uni"
Hi,

What does justice look like in a changing climate?

It looks like an end to the reign of fossil fuels. It looks like economies based on renewable energy that will keep our emissions in check. It looks like communities holding power and courageously taking action when world leaders fail. We know the solutions that are needed to get us on the right track. We have the answers. We just need people power.

If you want to find out how we take action together to halt the climate crisis, watch this

It is a fact: our planet is overheating. But we can still make changes that could mean life or death for tens of millions of people across the globe.

And we start with taking power away from the fossil fuel industry that created the climate crisis in the first place. For decades our land has been exploited, polluted and destroyed by the hands of corporations seeking profit at all costs. Many have been funded by governments and banks with public money — OUR money. That’s injustice.

The work we do — and the ways we do it — has to address that injustice. Today, I'm inviting you to join us as we take down the systems that have failed us for so long. We’ve listed a few things you can do, no matter where you are.

Power must be put back into the hands of the people — our hands. The only way we will be strong enough to put pressure on governments and stand up to the fossil fuel industry is if we all work together. The solutions lie in us. In our communities. We need you in our community.

Watch the video and get involved.

This is our fight – the people’s fight. Are you in?

Onwards,

Olivia and the 350.org team

350.org is building a global climate movement. You can connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong and growing.

Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 4:11 PM
Subject: Justice.