*[Enwl-eng] New Online Course on Ending War Starts in 13 Days

1 view

ENWLine

Feb 17, 2021, 8:06:15 AM2/17/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Dear Vladimir,

Watch and share this new, 32-second video from Leah Bolger about our new online course:

We need to abolish the institution of war. Are you nodding your head, but not sure how to start? Whether you call yourself a peacebuilder, activist, advocate, educator, or concerned citizen, World BEYOND War’s 6-week online course will bring you tried and tested strategies for working against the present war system and replacing it with an alternative one - where peace is pursued by peaceful means.

War Abolition 101: How We Create a Peaceful World, which will run from March 1-April 11, 2020, is a self-scheduling, asynchronous online course that explores questions such as: How can we make the best argument for shifting from war to peace? What must we understand and know about the war system if we are to dismantle it? How can we become more effective advocates and activists for ending war, pursuing disarmament, and creating systems that maintain peace? Register now.

The course is facilitated by a team of experts and draws on cutting-edge research on war abolition and peacebuilding. It is designed to foster collaborative, peer-to-peer learning. Weekly content includes a mix of text, images, video, and audio. You will conclude the course equipped with the talking points to make the best case for war abolition - and the strategies necessary for getting us there.

The course is not live – so you can study at your own pace for maximum flexibility.

A certificate is provided to participants who complete all written assignments.

War isn't going away on its own. Sign up for War Abolition 101 today to find out about the best existing argument for the abolition of war. Spread the word on Facebook & Twitter.

Yours in peace,
Phill

Phill Gittins, PhD
Education Director, World BEYOND War
ph...@worldbeyondwar.org
worldbeyondwar.org

PS: To register by check, 1. Contact World BEYOND War to let us know! and 2. Make the check out to World BEYOND War/AFGJ and send it to World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville VA 22902 USA.

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement – support our work for a culture of peace.

Opt-in for important, timely mobile messages.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Switch to receiving only one e-newsletter every two weeks.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

Sent: Monday, February 15, 2021 11:32 PM
Subject: New Online Course on Ending War Starts in 13 Days

Sign up before March 1.