*[Enwl-eng] We're not just hurting farmed animals; we're hurting Mother Earth

ENWLine

Feb 8, 2021, 12:07:41 PM2/8/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Factory farming is causing runaway greenhouse gas emissions in Europe. It could doom us all.

Sign Now

Picture every single car, van, and other roadway vehicle throughout the entire European Union, and all their greenhouse gases, combined. Now imagine an industry that produces even more carbon dioxide. That industry is animal farming in Europe. In 2018, every car and van in Europe cumulatively released 656 million tonnes of carbon dioxide. That same year, farm animals and their associated water and land use (including deforestation) accounted for 704 million tonnes of carbon dioxide — constituting a huge setback in the fight against ever-worsening climate change.

We already know that factory farming and other forms of livestock-based agriculture are cruel and promote heinous ways of treating other living creatures. But now we also know it's literally killing us — and our Earth. Despite that, Europe continues to see a huge rise in meat and dairy production and consumption, which has corresponded to similarly large increases in livestock-related emissions. The science is clear: if Europe doesn't get its livestock agricultural industry in check, it has zero chance of reaching its target levels for reduced emissions. And it could doom the rest of the human race in the process. Tell the European Union: live up to your Paris climate commitments, and reduce your reliance on gaseous meat and dairy products now!

Thank you,

Miranda
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Does Europe have the courage it takes to reduce its reliance on meat and dairy for the sake of our planet? Or is it just too "chicken"? Sign the petition to demand reduced farming of animals for human consumption!

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com