*[Enwl-eng] The climate crisis can't be solved without wind energy

ENWLine

Apr 8, 2021, 8:59:35 AM4/8/21
to "ENWL-uni"

To save the earth and the U.S. economy, we need to invest in offshore wind energy!

Sign Now

There is hardly anything more pressing than the climate crisis. Scientists have said, again and again, that if we don't curb emissions and pollution dramatically and quickly, our entire world will be past the point of no return and future generations will be born into an unfixable situation. One of the answers staring us in the face is wind energy, but the U.S. has been painfully slow to invest in this world-saving, job-creating industry.

Wind energy, a type of solar power that comes from the ever-renewing resource of air blowing across the earth's surface, is the future of clean energy. Huge, majestic wind turbines catch the passing gusts with its blades and that kinetic energy is generated into electricity. It is a remarkably simple, beautiful process that creates zero emissions from the turbines themselves. Other than clean energy, what it does create is jobs — and lots of them. Despite all this, the United States has an offshore wind energy capacity of a measly 0.003 GW compared to Europe's 20GW.

Luckily, that is set to change under Biden's presidency, but we need to hold him accountable to the aggressive clean energy goals he has promised! The Biden administration recently announced that it's taking the first steps towards building a massive offshore wind farm off the coasts of New Jersey and New York. By 2030, this facility is set to create enough energy to power 10 millions homes and create a total of over 75,000 jobs, both directly and indirectly. Sign the petition and tell the Biden administration to do everything in its power to get offshore wind farms up and running!

Thank you,

Lauren
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Wind energy would create jobs, decrease emissions, and advance the U.S. in the global clean energy economy! Sign the petition.

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com