*[Enwl-eng] Sign the petition! Stop Waste Colonialism in Africa

1 view

ENWLine

Jun 2, 2022, 1:13:21 PM6/2/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Свободу Африке! От мусора всех "развитых" стран.
Свет

От: Bobby Peek <bo...@groundwork.org.za>
Date: ср, 1 июн. 2022 г. в 12:18
Subject: Sign the petition! Stop Waste Colonialism in Africa

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO PUSH BACK ON WASTE COLONIALISM BY OUR GAIA AFRICA!

Begin forwarded message:

From: Carissa Marnce <car...@no-burn.org>
Date: 01 June 2022 at 09:00:00 SAST

Dear Friends,

Africa is not yet free from colonialism; it continues to manifest itself in the form of waste trade that allows for the importation of toxic and non-recyclable waste into the African continent, eroding away at the foundations of liberty and environmental justice.

On the 25th of May 2022, member organisations from the African region came together to look at the impact of waste colonialism that has ingrained itself into our daily lives. We heard from our local experts on the Bamako convention, dumping of textile and e-waste, a case study of waste dumping in Africa and on plastic policy. You can watch the full session here!

🙏🏻Now we need your help, to call on our elected leaders to protect us against waste colonialism and demand that all exporting countries cease this unjust practice!

Please sign this statement by 8th June 🗓📌

You can also check out our #StopWasteColonialism webpage & running social media activities on IG & FB

Spread the word with allied partners and help us fight waste colonialism ✊

Many thanks,
Carissa.

----
photo
Carissa Marnce
Africa Communications Coordinator
| she/her

 Follow us:

Вы получили это сообщение, поскольку подписаны на группу "seu-international".

Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2022 1:40 PM