*[Enwl-eng] Bank of America is financing environmental destruction

ENWLine

Nov 17, 2020, 9:52:44 AM11/17/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Bank of America is continuing to fund the destruction of the Arctic Refuge. It must stop financing oil drilling, now!

Sign Now

Right now, Bank of America remains the only major American bank that has not refused to fund dangerous oil drilling in the Arctic Refuge. The Arctic Refuge's vast coastal lands, boreal forests, and alpine tundra are home to a diverse array of species including polar bears, musk oxen, Arctic foxes, and the iconic Porcupine Caribou Herd. It's also vital to Indigenous communities who have made their home on these sacred lands for thousands of years. Drilling in the Refuge is a violation of Indigenous rights and an assault on the irreplaceable wildlife that rely on these lands for survival.

As we face the increasingly horrific impacts of climate change — unprecedented wildfires, hurricanes, droughts, and floods — we have to face the facts. We are causing climate change, and we need to be transitioning over to clean, sustainable energy sources in order to reverse this trend. That's why every other large American bank, including Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, and Morgan Stanley, has changed their lending policies to exclude new drilling in the Arctic. Now we need Bank of America to do the same. Tell Bank of America that fossil fuels are a bad investment and to stop funding the destruction of the Arctic Refuge.

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Any expansion in the production of climate-torching fossil fuels is simply outrageous and reckless — especially in a sacred place like the Arctic Refuge. It's time for Bank of America to turn off the funding tap for these dirty energy corporations!

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com