*[Enwl-eng] Making a #JustRecovery happen: let’s discuss!

1 view

ENWLine

May 5, 2020, 9:01:07 AM5/5/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Hi,

The COVID-19 pandemic demands swift and unprecedented action from national governments and the international community.

Choices being made right now will shape our society for decades to come.

As decision-makers take steps to ensure immediate relief and long-term recovery, it is imperative that they consider the interrelated crises of wealth inequality, racism, and ecological decline – notably the climate crisis, which were in place long before COVID-19, and now risk being intensified.

This is a time to be decisive in saving lives, and bold in charting a path to a genuinely healthier and more equitable future through a Just Recovery.

Join us this Thursday to discuss the #JustRecovery principles and how we can contribute to making them happen in our countries and communities.

RSVP now →

On Thursday’s call, we’ll be joined by representatives from some of the hundreds of organisations who have signed the Just Recovery Principles — including Climate Strike’s Luisa Neubauer, International Trade Union Confederation’s (ITUC) Bert De Wel, and 350’s May Boeve — to share why movements are coming together behind these principles.

We’ll also be sharing ideas and training and art resources for actions to stop public money from propping up the fossil fuel industry, calling instead for public money to be spent on a just, green recovery.

Our goal is that when the pandemic is over, we don’t get back to the business as usual but trigger the system change we’ve been calling for. Join us!

In solidarity,

Nico

350.org is building a global climate movement. You can connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong and growing.

Sent: Monday, May 04, 2020 11:12 PM
Subject: Making a #JustRecovery happen: let’s discuss!