*[Enwl-eng] Stories of humanity and compassion

1 view

enwl

Jun 21, 2022, 1:29:49 PM6/21/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Since the war in Ukraine started, people all over Europe have been stepping up. From offering a ride to a warm bed to sleep in -- they're helping people on the move.

It’s clear that some extraordinary acts have taken over ordinary lives across the continent.

Being a community of over a million people, we got to thinking. What stories of action and compassion are there within our own community?

So we asked you to share your stories.

And the result? Hundreds of stories came in. And not just stories linked to Ukraine. Stories of helping people from all over the world, from Iraq to Ghana to the Balkans. Stories that go back to 2015. Stories of humanity and compassion to our fellow human beings, when our own governments refused to do so.

The WeMove Europe staff team collected these stories, and today we want to share some of them with you. Enjoy your daily dose of hope and don’t forget to share onwards!

Two pictures of Nina: one with her colleagues and one with Ukraine women

Three pictures from Michael: first one shows him with colleagues and Ukrainian refugees, second shows his friend in a room where they slept and the third one shows another friend driving a truck

Three pictures from Elke: first one showing her adpoted son in the woods, second one showing herself with her family and the third one showing her son again riding a horse in the nature

With hope,

David (London), Olga (Bologna), Aleksandra (Warsaw) and the entire WeMove Europe team

PS These are just the first few stories; we will publish more over the weeks to come. Make sure to follow us on the social media of your choice not to miss them:

WeMove Europe is a community of people from all walks of life, who call Europe our home,
no matter where we were born, where we live or who we love.
In the name of a brighter future for people and the planet,
we come together to sign petitions, send letters and protest on the streets to make our voices heard.
Our power comes from each other. And it's thanks to small monthly donations, fivers and tenners, that we can keep going.

Vladimir, please help keep WeMove Europe strong by chipping in.

DONATE!

WeMove Europe SCE mbH | Planufer 91 Berlin | www.wemove.eu | Privacy policy |

Sent: Monday, June 20, 2022 7:58 PM
Subject: Stories of humanity and compassion

We collected amazing stories of our members helping people on the move. Today we want to share some of them with you.