*[Enwl-eng] New Online Course on Environment, War, and Activism

1 view

ENWLine

Nov 24, 2021, 8:59:15 AM11/24/21
to "ENWL-uni"

While the COP26 conference itself was a major COPOUT, vastly more people now know and care about military climate destruction.

But militarism is a top destroyer of more than the Earth's climate. For the full story, we have to look at soil, air, and water -- both in places wars are fought and in places supposedly benefited by distant wars.

We're now accepting registrations for a six-week online course (done on your schedule, apart from a few optional zoom calls) to begin in mid-January. The course will survey the environmental impact of militarism and the range of nonviolent activism being done for peace and planet.

Can you please share this online course announcement with your lists and friends?

Topics for the six weeks are as follows:

Week 1: Where Wars Happen and Why

Week 2: What Wars Do to the Earth

Week 3: What Imperial Militaries Do to the Earth Back Home

Week 4: What Nuclear Weapons Have Done and Could Do

Week 5: How This Horror Is Hidden and Maintained

Week 6: What Can Be Done

LEARN MORE AND REGISTER HERE.

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, chapters, and affiliated organizations advocating for the abolition of the institution of war.
Donate to support our people-powered movement for peace.

Opt-in to mobile updates.  Manage email preferences.  Privacy policy.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

World BEYOND War | 513 E Main St #1484 | Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Sent: Monday, November 22, 2021 7:33 PM
Subject: New Online Course on Environment, War, and Activism