*[Enwl-eng] US elections and what happens next

1 view

ENWLine

Nov 10, 2020, 9:34:43 AM11/10/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Hi,

Joe Biden is about to become the next President of the United States. [1]

What happens next? The Biden-Harris team is already preparing for their transition for the first 100 days in office with their platform called Build Back Better, which names climate action as a top priority. This is a crucial time for us to ensure that President-elect Joe Biden keeps his promises on climate and makes it a top priority for his administration.

What does this mean for our movement? 350 will work with members from around the world to ensure that the US reenters the Paris Climate Agreement, keeps fossil fuels in the ground, stops the Keystone XL pipeline for good, holds billionaires accountable, and puts in place an urgent roadmap that transitions us off fossil fuels.

These are big goals — and we’re committed to winning these victories while centering the voices of people most affected by the climate crisis. Time is running out to confront the climate crisis, and that's why we need a Biden administration that is ready to take immediate, bold action starting on day one. So we are asking:

Could you help us grow our movement by recruiting two friends to get ivolved with 350?

As the whole world continues to battle the COVID-19 pandemic, it is clear that wealth inequality, racism, and climate change are interrelated crises. In order to build a resilient future, we need transformative, intersectional, systemic change that puts those who’ve suffered the worst injustices front and centre.

Help us grow - message two of your friends and ask them to sign up!

In solidarity,

Aggy and the 350 team

[1] Associated Press News: Biden defeats Trump for White House, says ‘time to heal’

350.org is building a global climate movement. You can connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong and growing.

Sent: Monday, November 09, 2020 6:41 PM
Subject: US elections and what happens next

What does the election