*[Enwl-eng] These rhinos are already gone in every other country.

ENWLine

Aug 8, 2021, 12:25:46 PM8/8/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Sumatran rhinos are extinct everywhere in the world — except for 80 left in Indonesia. The country must act fast to save this species.

Sign Now

The Sumatran rhino is hanging on by a thread. In 2019, when Malaysia's last two captive Sumatran rhinos died, Indonesia became the only place left in the entire world that these rhinos can call home. Now, fewer than 80 of these incredible beasts remain alive, and if we don't act fast, those last individuals will go the way of Malaysia's rhinos — disappearing forever. That's why we're calling on the Indonesian government to do everything it can to save them.

Rhinos have an extremely low birth rate. This already made their survival difficult, but in the face of human construction, climate change, habitat loss, and poaching, it's become almost impossible. But with help from experts, we can save them. When conservationists intervened to save the Javan rhino, another endangered species, their population successfully rebounded. If we do the right thing, we could be celebrating the same milestone for the Sumatran rhino in a few years — but we don't have a minute to lose. Sign the petition to tell the Indonesian government to prioritize both saving the Sumatran rhino from extinction and re-introducing them to the wild throughout their historic habitat.

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. The fate of this entire species is in the Indonesian government's hands. Sign the petition to save the Sumatran rhino.

Care2.com, Inc.
3141 Stevens Creek Blvd. #40394
San Jose, CA 95117
http://www.care2.com