*[Enwl-eng] New Online Course: How to End War

1 view

ENWLine

Jan 15, 2021, 12:15:53 PM1/15/21
to "ENWL-uni"

How can we make the best argument for shifting from war to peace? What must we understand and know about the war system if we are to dismantle it? How can we become more effective advocates and activists for ending particular wars, ending all wars, pursuing disarmament, and creating systems that maintain peace? These questions and more will be explored in War Abolition 101: How We Create a Peaceful World.

War Abolition 101 is a six-week online course providing participants an opportunity to learn from, dialogue with, and strategize for change with World BEYOND War experts, peer activists, and changemakers from around the world. Read what past students have to say about the course.

The content each week will vary but will include a mix of text, video, images, and audio, plus facilitated online interaction in a chat room. The weekly modules are not live or scheduled. You take part whenever works for you. The course also includes three 1-hour optional zoom calls which are designed to facilitate a more interactive and real-time learning experience. Each week of the online course will feature a guest facilitator to help you explore weekly topics supported by an online chat room where you are encouraged to dialogue with peers and facilitators.

Facilitators will include:
  • World BEYOND War Board President from the United States Leah Bolger
  • World BEYOND War Advisory Board Member from Sri Lanka Salma Yusuf
  • Peace Educator from the Philippines in Thailand Dr. Rey Ty
  • Peace Educator from England in Spain Donna-Marie Fry
  • World BEYOND War Board Member from Iran Dr. Foad Izadi
  • World BEYOND War Board Member from Canada Sakura Saunders

Education Director Phill Gittins and other World BEYOND War staff, board members, and partners will be online throughout the six weeks helping to facilitate too.

LEARN MORE AND REGISTER HERE.

Watch and share this video:

Time commitment/expectations
: How much time you spend and how deeply you engage is up to you. At a minimum, you can expect to spend between 1-2 hours a week if you only review the weekly content (text and videos). We hope, however, you’ll want to engage in the online dialogue with peers and experts. This is where the real richness of the learning occurs; where we have the opportunity to explore new ideas, strategies, and visions for building a more peaceful world. Depending on your level of engagement with the online discussion you can expect to add another 1-3 hours a week. Finally, all participants are encouraged to complete optional written assignments (required to earn a certificate). This is an opportunity to deepen and apply the ideas explored each week to practical possibilities. Expect another 2 hours a week if you pursue these options.

Accessing the course. Prior to the start date, you will be sent instructions for how to access the course.

Earn a certificate. A certificate will be provided to those who complete all assignments. Facilitators will return the assignment to the student with feedback. Submissions and feedback can be shared with everyone taking the course or kept private between a student and the facilitator, at the student’s choice.

Purchasing the course as a gift? Buy the course using your name and email. When you check-out, provide the name and email address of the person who is to receive the gift in the “order notes” field. We’ll send you a “gift card” by email that you can print and give to your loved one.

The cost of the course is the same for someone completing all, some, or none of the assignments. The cost is $100 (more if you can afford it, less if you cannot).

REGISTER ONLNE HERE.

To register by check, 1. Contact World BEYOND War to let us know! and 2. Make the check out to World BEYOND War/AFGJ and send it to World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville VA 22902 USA.

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement – support our work for a culture of peace.

Opt-in for important, timely mobile messages.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Switch to receiving only one e-newsletter every two weeks.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2021 7:33 PM
Subject: New Online Course: How to End War