*[Enwl-eng] Fast fashion brand Shein has dangerous consequences

ENWLine

May 8, 2022, 1:31:06 PM5/8/22
to "ENWL-uni"

The company represents 28% of the fast-fashion market in the United States

Care2 Petitions Logo
Racks with hundreds of clothing items hanging on them.

The Most-Mentioned Brand on TikTok Is Destroying the Planet. Demand Change From Shein!

The horrific impacts of fast fashion on the environment are no secret. From literal mountains of dumped clothes in a Chilean desert to massive carbon footprints, the industry is clearly prioritizing profits over planet. And now, Shein -- the largest online-only retailer in the world -- is releasing 700 to 1,000 new products a day. We should all be appalled by that number: a thousand new products to be marketed, sold, and quickly discarded are released every single day.

Sign now to demand that Shein take responsibility and prioritize sustainability!

Sustainability isn't just about making production more efficient, it's also about reducing production and consumption overall. And Shein's business model is literally built on perpetually expanding the market, convincing more and more consumers to buy clothes that they don't need and discard them mere weeks or months later when they go out of style. Sign the petition now to tell Shein that we are in the middle of a global environmental crisis, and we will not stand for these unsustainable practices! We demand Shein increase their company's sustainability now!

Photo of a woman with brown hair holding a dog

Thank you,

Jess

Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Shein's business model thrives on relentless consumption and waste. Sign the petition now!

Care2.com, Inc.
3141 Stevens Creek Blvd. #40394
San Jose, CA 95117
http://www.care2.com