*[Enwl-eng] Americans can’t wait much longer for financial relief

ENWL

May 8, 2020, 8:54:22 AM5/8/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Imagine if our country were better prepared for the next pandemic. Imagine if we didn’t have to wait weeks for a gridlocked Congress to decide how to provide economic relief to millions of hurting Americans, with concessions made to appease political differences. Imagine if stimulus checks were not delayed by a patchwork bureaucracy and a President insistent on putting his stamp on them?

In the COVID-19 crisis, our government has struggled mightily to provide immediate support to Americans who need it. Stimulus payments to American families have been held up for weeks. Small business loan funding has trickled through a bottleneck, with hundreds of millions going to Trump’s friends and large companies.

So we’re better prepared for the next pandemic, Future Majority has proposed the U.S. should continuously invest in a permanent and flexible economic relief fund that is nimble enough to send direct cash payments to families and distribute loans to American businesses immediately.

Turn on images to see the graphic.

In times of crisis, a matter of weeks can mean the difference between desperation and certainty. Americans can’t afford to wait. It’s time we rethink how our government operates so it can meaningfully improve lives in a crisis.

We will continue to propose bold actions that will enable Americans to have the freedom and a fair shot to build their own future. If you can, will you chip in to support our policy research for more ideas to make our government work for everyone?

In solidarity,

Future Majority Advocacy Team

Paid for by Future Majority
Future Majority
1200 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20044
United States

Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 9:45 PM
Subject: Americans can’t wait much longer for financial relief

We need a permanent relief fund so families are helped fast