*[Enwl-eng] INVITATION | 5 for the climate | 14-18 June

ENWLine

May 21, 2021, 8:31:56 AM5/21/21
to "ENWL-uni"

cid:image001.jpg@01D74CC8.CD5774F0

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to 5 for the climate - our upcoming event on civil society engagement in climate policy.

From 14 to 18 June, we organise 5 days packed with workshops, panel debates, hands-on and deep thinking sessions to discuss ways of civil society involvement in climate policy.

We want to connect civil society organizations, think tanks and project implementers around the world. In various working and networking formats, we will share our experiences with fighting climate change from a civil society perspective and we will develop strategies to secure civil society’s participation for more ambitious climate policies.

Click here for our detailed program.

REGISTER NOW

We have created a range of different formats in order to offer different kinds of input and exchange. For each format, you can find a number of different sessions on various topics in our program.

Session Formats

Workshop

90 minutes interactive session

Let’s jointly work on pressing questions of civil society engagement in an interactive session.

Deep Thinking

60 minutes session (input + Q&A)

Deep Thinking sessions give you the chance to listen to relevant findings of researchers and practitioners that dig deep in the field of civil society engagement in climate policy and beyond.

Hands on

60 minutes session (presentation + discussion)

We take you to places of real civil society engagement. Listen to first-hand success stories; learn about fights for climate justice and action on the ground, particularly in the field of climate and energy.

Panel Debate

90 minutes session (panel debate + discussion)

How did Covid-19 affect the quality of participatory formats and how did the pandemic crisis influence access to political processes? How is civil society involvement organised in Europe? A diverse set of exciting speakers discusses those big questions in two panel sessions on Wednesday and Thursday.

Daily Working Group

45 minutes interactive session

Once a day, 5 times a week, we invite you researchers and practitioners to a continuous working group to jointly elaborate basic requirements for meaningful participation. What are criteria of participatory processes that are perceived as transparent, inclusive, at eye level, enabling and continuous? In a daily 45-minutes session, we are going to look into those 5 elements.

Networking opportunities

Lounge

Find your talking partner in the virtual lounge on Floor during the entire week.

Booths

Get your virtual stand at the 5 for the climate week to represent your organization and/or provide materials of your project to find like-minded people. Approach us if you want to get your booth @ 5 for the climate: kerstin...@bund.net

REGISTER NOW

In the meantime, find out more about civil society participation in climate policy by clicking the covers of our most recent studies and papers:

https://www.ufu.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Civic-Space-for-Participation-in-Climate-Policies-in-Colombia-Georgia-and-Ukraine.jpg

Civic Space for Participation in Climate Policies in Colombia, Georgia and Ukraine, UfU (2020).

cid:image003.jpg@01D73AA0.B09F7EA0

Civil society engagement for ambitious NDCs, BUND (2019).

The 5 for the climate week is organized by the Independent Institute for Environmental Issues (UfU) in cooperation with Bund für Umwelt- und Naturschutz (BUND)/ Friends of the Earth Germany.

cid:image004.png@01D73AA0.B09F7EA0

UfU - Independent Institute for Environmental Issues

cid:image006.jpg@01D73AA0.B09F7EA0

This project is part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). The Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) supports this initiative on the basis of a decision adopted by the German Bundestag.

--
All the best,
Tatiana Shauro

CAN EECCA Communications Officer
Climate Action Network Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia
WhatsApp: +79296458435
Skype: samaparodia
https://caneecca.org/
https://www.facebook.com/caneecca/