*[Enwl-eng] The world is on fire. Demand a Green New Deal!

ENWLine

Sep 16, 2020, 9:42:10 AM9/16/20
to "ENWL-uni"

We can't survive many more wildfires like this. We must address climate change now!

Sign Now

Vladimir,

The West Coast is on fire again. Over three million acres of land have already burned to the ground from the California-Mexico border all the way up to Washington state. Sixteen people and countless animals have died as a result of the blazes, including a 1-year-old baby. Whole towns have been destroyed. And yet, the calamity is still far from over. The only thing we know for certain so far is the culprit: climate change. Record-hot summers have left the land bone-dry, providing perfect kindling for wildfires, and this is all due to human behavior. If we're going to survive as a species, we need a Green New Deal — now.

There's no way that we as individuals can turn this tide just by changing our lightbulbs and buying hybrid cars. What we need is immediate governmental action on a massive scale to combat this level of impending doom. A Green New would transition our society away from deadly fossil fuels and towards renewable energy, all while creating sustainable jobs for years to come. We honestly cannot afford to wait a second longer. Sign the petition if you want the United States to adopt a Green New Deal in order to save our economy, our environment, our health, and our world.

Thank you for all that you do,

Miranda B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. As climate change worsens, so will firefires, pandemics, heart and respiratory diseases, and more. Our government must act now. Sign the petition to demand a Green New Deal!

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com

If we want any chance of surviving and stopping climate change, we need a Green New Deal.