*[Enwl-eng] Glyphosate

ENWLine

Jun 20, 2021, 6:15:29 PM6/20/21
to "ENWL-uni"
Glyphosate is a DNA destroyer, explosive new research reveals.

Glyphosate pesticide being sprayed

Glyphosate is a DNA destroyer, explosive new research reveals. But if these results aren’t published soon -- our governments could approve Monsanto’s poison again. If enough of us donate now, we can publish the results far and wide -- and have our best chance to stop glyphosate for good. Can you help?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

The EU is speeding towards re-approving toxic glyphosate based on cherry-picked, industry-funded studies. Other governments are doing the same. It’s a disaster.

But independent scientists just finished a first-of-its-kind study that shows how glyphosate damages DNA in internal organs.

This game-changing study is ready, but its authors have come to us asking if we can pay for it to be published in top publicly-accessible journals. That way, government officials can’t just turn a blind eye to it, like Bayer’s lobbyists would want them to.

This could get glyphosate banned.

If enough members like you chip in just $3, they can submit it to the journals today -- but we need to be quick. Every day we wait, farmers and gardeners keep spraying this poison with abandon on our fields and playgrounds. Are you in?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Pesticide companies need to prove that their products are safe. In many places, governments have to ban chemicals if new, trustworthy data says there’s a problem.

For over 40 years, industry-funded researchers have focused on bone marrow tests to prove that glyphosate pesticides are fine. “Glyphosate’s safe, look at our data” they’d say -- and governments ate it up. But now this new study shows that glyphosate may not harm bone marrow, but it ravages other organs instead.

When this gets out in top scientific journals, Bayer can kiss their cosy consensus with health authorities goodbye. And if that doesn’t do it -- we can sue the authorities to get a move on.

For all we know, Bayer-Monsanto has done exactly the same research, and just buried the data to protect their profits. Internal Monsanto emails, released during a US lawsuit recently, show bosses knew years ago that the company had “potential vulnerabilities” that could be uncovered one day.

We almost succeeded in getting glyphosate banned in Europe four years ago -- but the might of pesticide industry lobbying was simply too much. Our fields, our food -- even our bodies are contaminated with the stuff.

This is our chance to ban glyphosate in the EU, and around the world. Every extra money we raise will power our campaigning against the pesticide industry -- and fight for bans across the world. This study -- if we can help spread it far and wide -- could break Bayer’s spell over our regulators, and end the age of glyphosate.

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Thanks for all that you do,
Eoin and the SumOfUs team

More information:

What is open access? OpenAccess.nl. 10 June 2021.

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2021 3:41 PM
Subject: Glyphosate