*[Enwl-eng] Supporter update: The latest news

ENWLine

Apr 23, 2022, 7:19:34 PM4/23/22
to "ENWL-uni"

News and updates from the HSUS.

The Humane Society of the United States

Your impact report.

Sad dog in a lab

Undercover investigation exposes the horrors of animal testing—and more than 80 dogs who need our help

Our undercover investigator worked on studies involving more than 6,000 animals—including 250 dogs, 500 primates, 62 “minipigs” and more than 5,100 mice and rats—at Inotiv, a contract testing laboratory in Indiana. Inotiv has laboratories and breeding facilities in multiple states, including Colorado, Maryland, North Carolina, Texas and Virginia. What we saw was heartbreaking.

HSI worker holding dog

We’re supporting in-country efforts through grants to animal organizations based in Ukraine and a pioneering partnership with the Romanian Red Cross, whose convoys into Ukraine are carrying pet food and other supplies HSI has provided.

A chicken

In an important and encouraging advance for the protection of farm animals, Arizona has moved to ban cruel cages for egg-laying hens and ensure that all eggs produced and/or sold in the state are cage-free.

Hippo parts being sold

Habitat loss due to human activity, climate change and drought threaten hippos’ survival, and these threats are further exacerbated by poaching and the ivory trade.

Kitty Block petting cat

An HSUS video producer reflects on his experience during a cat rescue: "Not only was it was my first time shooting video footage in my new role at the HSUS, but I also felt aches of empathy and compassion for the animals and person who lived in the house we were heading to."

A happy dog

The time is right—Taking Action for Animals will again be an in-person event for the first time since 2018 and registration is now open!

Lion, chicken, dog, bunny, and horse

Don't miss the latest episode of the Humane Society of the United States' official podcast, Humane Voices.

Photos by the HSUS; Charlotte Bröcker/For HSI; Hang Le/HSI;
The HSUS; Meredith Lee/The HSUS; Pete Marovich/For the HSUS; Meredith Lee/The HSUS

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube text

Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2022 8:51 PM
Subject: Supporter update: The latest news

supporter