*[Enwl-eng] Golden opportunity

1 view

ENWLine

Jun 25, 2021, 11:50:28 AM6/25/21
to "ENWL-uni"

The EU plans to spend billions on fossil gas projects. We have a unique chance to stop them. But time is running out. In 3 weeks the European parliament decides. This is our chance to stop fossil gas.

We have a golden opportunity to stop billions of Euros flowing into fossil gas projects at once. The European commission has just said fossil gas could be excluded from major European funding. [1]

This is huge. But it won’t be enough. We still need to move the European parliament to back the move.

And time is running out - in just 3 weeks the EU Parliament’s energy committee will fix their position on funding fossil gas projects. The decision will shape our energy supply for decades to come.

Fossil gas is a dangerous climate heating gas. It is not a transition fuel towards a cleaner future but a roadblock to real climate solutions.

But the gas lobby has too much power. It actually gets to help decide which projects get funding in Europe. We now have a unique opportunity to push them back. We know that some members of the European parliament are already on our side. But we need a majority in the committee to have a chance at stopping gas once and for all.

It’s time to tell our members of parliament to do the right thing and stop funding fossil gas. Will you join us kicking out fossil gas?

WeMove Europe is thinking about running this campaign but we need your help in deciding whether we recommend it to the rest of the WeMove Europe community. All we need to know from you is this: if you care about this issue, please sign and forward the petition to your friends. It takes one minute and as a valued member of our community, we really want to know what you think!

Thank you for your support!

David (London), Annemarie (Berlin) and the entire WeMove Europe team